OBS can not be installed

Gebby

Hello, I had installed OBS before.
There is a new version that can not be installed. I got the error message:
---------------------------
OBS Studio 29.1.3 Setup
---------------------------
OBS files are being used by the following applications: CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess Please close these applications to continue setup. OBS was uninstalled, the file CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess prevents installation. In the Taskmansger CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess exists 5x. I can't disable these processes even as admin, what else can I do?

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Check for updates from the existing install, the updater can handle in-use files better than the installer.

Reactions: ccb

Harold

A program you have running (in your system tray or otherwise) is open and is blocking OBS from being able to install its components.
Whatever program it is was programmed in either vb.net or c# and needs to be closed completely before OBS can be installed.

ccb

Check for updates from the existing install, the updater can handle in-use files better than the installer.
Hello, administrator! When installing OBS, it also prompts me to close my program, but not every time. I would like to inquire about the changes I need to make in my program's code to avoid conflicts with OBS. Thank you very much.

ccb

A program you have running (in your system tray or otherwise) is open and is blocking OBS from being able to install its components.
Whatever program it is was programmed in either vb.net or c# and needs to be closed completely before OBS can be installed.
how about cef

Gebby

That has become clear to me as well. But how do I find out which program this could be?

Frémo

Hi, I lost quite a bit of time to find the solution that works for me, so I share it here, hoping it can help some of you.

In my case, CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess was used and installed by Deepl.

The file CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe was installed in :
  • Users\%localuser%\AppData\Local\0install.net\implementations

I uninstalled it using the PowerShell prompt:
0install store purge
in administrator mode.

After that I could finally install OBS without a flaw.
Hope this can help.