Question / Help OBS auto corrects brightness from video capture device

towerofglass

I recently picked up a cheap little capture device off someone on letgo and i'm surprised by the decent quality i'm getting from it. I've managed to configure it with OBS since that is my preferred video capture software.

I've fiddled with all the settings and no matter what i do the video auto adjusts to the brightness of the input signal. which is very frustrating when you are trying to get your video just right and it changes with each scene. at first i thought it was a hardware issue, but when I try it with the crappy software that came with the device i don't get the same auto corrections. Where can I change this setting in OBS? or is there somewhere else on my computer that I can find this setting?

the device is an "honestech vidbox" and i've updated to OBS 20.0.1 to see if that would fix it and i still can't wrap my head around the issue.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I can't find this issue on google anywhere.

thank you.

Suslik V

OBS Studio uses DirectShow driver to get the image from the device. Thus, look for driver updates from the manufacturer of the device; and see are the crossbar/video options at 'Video Capture Device' properties has any additional settings like auto level, white balance etc.