OBS and Newtek Connect HDMI missing in action

shennyp

Hi,
We are trying to use the Newtek connect HDMI wireless device to stream from a portable setup inside the church. One issue we came across if we move the device to outside the church which it will be connected to a different access point from the same network we loose all video in OBS source from this wireless device. The video will be restored in the NDI video monitor with a short break but it will be never present in OBS sources. Even trying to re add the device is not successful as device will not be an option to add to source under NDI sources. I want to bring up the fact the wireless device may be getting a different IP when moving outside the church even though its part of the same network. So I am trying to clarify is the OBS some how bind the device based on its IP or MAC address ? Have anybody felt the same situation in this forum. All help welcome, The Log files included look for NDI- Wireless is the name of device having issues.

Thanks

Attachments

• 2020-08-16 11-09-22.txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 2020-08-16 10-36-24.txt
    32.5 KB · Views: 3

shennyp

Found it I had to find what was causing the above problem myself. I removed the access-point which was providing a different IP than provided by the access-point in church. Once done I was able to move between acesspoints even though the video will go out when the transfer happens but OBS picked it up once device was back in network. We were planning to return the Spark once this is figured out we are keeping it as we can utilize it for many applications in church environment