OBS adds additional static noise from the AUX cable

Shachar700

Hello and thank you for reading this.

I have Windows 10-64bit, Nintendo Switch, Game Capture: Avermedia LGP C875, Dell monitor with no built-in speakers and a standard aux cable.

I hear the game audio from the Nintendo Switch to my speakers/headset through the aux cable and not the "Monitor and Output" option since it has a big delay.

long story short, I use an aux cable from my monitor to the blue jack port in my PC to get the audio from the game capture. I get additional stronger static noise when OBS is running. I use the port from my monitor and not from game capture since I get stronger game audio volume.

In Windows > Sound > Aux cable > properties > levels, When I listen to the device of the aux cable to get the game audio, I set it to Line in: 1 to get the minimum static noise which is bareable. If I open OBS, I get stronger interference noise that when the game audio is low or muted, it is more noticeable and is tiring after hearing for more than an hour. The additional interfernece noise does not get muted when the inputs in the audio mixers in OBS are on mute.

When I lower the volume of the Aux cable in the volume mixer of windows from 100 to 1 the OBS static interference is reduced to a minimum (2 is noticeable) and I change the -line in- to 100 to increase the volume but the overall game audio is reduced/lower volume than the other way around.

Right now the aux cable audio gets blend in with the desktop audio with a small delay of the game audio (when it's muted in OBS the intereference is still on), What makes it add additional interference noise? What makes the game audio more delayed than what I hear in the speakers/headset? Is there a way (perhaps in the files) to disable the Aux cable audio to reach OBS and blend with the desktop audio? Do I need a mixer application like voicemeter banana? Do I need a mixer?

OBS adds additional static noise, delayed game audio that blends with the destop audio that has to be muted for the more accurate game audio from the capture card which makes alerts that are on desktop audio to be muted as well.

Thanks for reading that and any help on the subject would be appreciated.
~ Shahar

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    796.9 KB · Views: 22