OBS 28.0.1 Virtual Audio cables are no longer working to Zoom 5.11.11

FlamingoRiot

I need help troubleshooting why my OBS audio is not longer being detected by ZOOM (or any other program) using the VB-Cable A solution as well as BlackHole on Mac M1 running MacOS Monterey 12.6. Everything was working fine until, all of a sudden, it stopped, and I have not been able to get it to work since.

- My Audio preferences in OBS have the Monitor Out as VB-CABLE A
Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 6.19.57 AM.png

- I have tried both not using and using the Audio Monitor Plugin also set to VB CABLE A and not
Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 6.23.02 AM.png

- My advanced audio setting shows the audio channels marked as MONITOR AND OUTPUT
Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 6.24.57 AM.png

- Audio Meters are displaying that audio is playing inside OBS

- In Zoom, the Virtual Camera is on and working as expected
- Zoom Audio settings have Mic Input set to VB CABLE A and output to Computer Speakers
Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 6.27.00 AM.png

I was using this setup all the time with no problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Jvls

Hello, maybe this will work for you, it solved the problem for me after updating to OBS 28

phcorrigan

I'm having the same issue. The OBS audio meter shows audio on VB Cable. Zoom allows me to select the cable as the mic input but no audio. I have viewed the video referenced above and have tried both connection methods. This identical configuration worked on my previous system (Windows 10, OBS 27.x), but not on this one (Windows 11, OBS 28.1.2). I have also uninstalled and reinstalled VB Cable and have removed and reinstalled it in OBS.

Barring finding a fix for this, is there another way to get audio from OBS to Zoom?

Thanks.

I ran into this a few weeks ago on my Mac M1, I was able to get audio into Zoom by turning "Original sound for Musicians" in Zoom.
Then add audio filter to the source to be able to hear it on the Mac.

phcorrigan

I'm having the same issue. The OBS audio meter shows audio on VB Cable. Zoom allows me to select the cable as the mic input but no audio. I have viewed the video referenced above and have tried both connection methods. This identical configuration worked on my previous system (Windows 10, OBS 27.x), but not on this one (Windows 11, OBS 28.1.2). I have also uninstalled and reinstalled VB Cable and have removed and reinstalled it in OBS.

Barring finding a fix for this, is there another way to get audio from OBS to Zoom?

Thanks.
I solved the problem by completely uninstalling Zoom using the CleanZoom program: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/ar...talling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-application

JimBoscom

I am also having the same issue. I cannot play audio (music) via virtual cable anymore from OBS to ZOOM. And there is no video on youtube addressing the issue.

phcorrigan

I am also having the same issue. I cannot play audio (music) via virtual cable anymore from OBS to ZOOM. And there is no video on youtube addressing the issue.
I had a similar problem last week, but it was temporary. As I recall, shutting down OBS and restarting it solved the problem, although it is possible I had to reboot. I'm using version 29.0.2.

Click on the speaker icon on the top menu bar on your Mac then select VB cable from the drop down list. You will need to reverse it when you're done using VB cable to stream.