OBS 26.1.2 frequent crashes on MacOS 10.14.6 while streaming on YouTube

Frequent and unexpected crashes of OBS 26.1.2 occur while I Live Stream (not at startup) on YouTube (after 6, 15, 20 min, randomly).
I am using a 2017 15'' Macbook Pro (intel core i7 16GB of RAM) running on MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave. Tried all sort of different OBS settings
following suggestions from forums and YouTube videos, running OBS and Chrome (to launch and monitor the test streams on YouTube)
only to minimise CPU usage .... nothing seems to work. OBS crashes consistently at every new stream session.
I have some critical LIVE webcasts coming up and I'm getting really concerned with the unreliability of OBS. I would hate to give up on OBS,
but if I don't find a fix over the next few days I may need to find an alternative solution .... Please help.

Last edited:

LimeyInSD

I have a similar problem with an older Mid 14 MacBook Pro/ Mojave since last 2 security updates. I'm running OBS (26.1.2) with USB input from a Zoom R24 mixing board and a Wansview Web Cam. I'm broadcasting to SessionsLive.

The Mac randomly hangs needing a hard reboot, typically around 1 hour in, but sometimes earlier. Here's the error messages I get from the log file right before it hangs:

15:04:36.972: [coreaudio_enum_devices] get audio device name failed: 2003332927

Here's the audio/ video clip at the point of hanging:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v7mknvazrak2ha/OBS Failure.mp4?dl=0

First, the audio repeats, then camera and sound cuts out. Any insights anyone? OBS programmers?? I wonder if it's something to do with OBS polling the USB port or some USB conflict.

Note - this only happens with the external WebCam. I've not (yet) had a problem with the FaceTime camera so why I get audio device error is a mystery (unless there's a USB conflict). I've reset the PRAM and SMC a few times which reduces the frequency, but doesn't eliminate it. Any insight? Thoughts? Suggestions?