Bug Report OBS 23.0.1 for Mac's max resolution only accepts 720p from Live Gamer Portable 2.

zeil999

I was pulling out my hair trying to nail this down and have come to the conclusion, it's gotta be OBS.
Max resolution from a 1080p video source using a Live Gamer Portable 2 with completely updated firmware and latest OBS on Mac is 720p. If I check the "use preset" box, 1080p isn't listed as an option. Even if I use custom and set it to 1080p I can tell the resolution hasn't changed at all within just by looking at it within OBS and also looking at the stream.
I've tried everything I can think of that might be the problem. It just seems that OBS refuses to recognize 1080p resolution from an LGP2.
I've even tested recordings from the LGP2 using Quicktime and even used the RECentral 3 on a PC and they all recognize 1080p as the max available resolution coming from the LGP2.

Any help would be great if possible otherwise I'll chalk this up to a pretty major bug in OBS that needs to be squashed.

Haiku_Oezu

I think the 1080p preset is called "High" on OBS on macOS for whatever reason. If I choose that one I get a 1080p image (tested by using "Reset Transform" on the source in the preview)

EDIT: Keep in mind this is actually 1080p30, not 1080p60

Last edited:

zeil999

Gotcha. Yeah, that gave me 1080p. But 30 fps. Is there a way to do 60fps? Let me know if anyone has been able to figure this out.