Question / Help OBS 21.0.1 with Traktor S4 MK2

Bibeaux

So, I have tried all different settings in the OBS software as well as Traktor but can not figure out how to connect the sound from my S4 with the video stream of my webcam. Does somebody here knows the trick?

The build in soundcard in the S4 is WDM Audio.

OBS settings are found in the attachment of this message. I will post other screenshots in the replies.

Attachments

• OBS settings.jpg
    OBS settings.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 211

Bibeaux

Here the result of earlier settings.

I have randomly tried all sort of combinations but do not know what to do.
Hope somebody can give me the advice I am looking for. If there is any additional information needed just let me know.

Thanks a million!

Attachments

• OBS settings 2.jpg
    OBS settings 2.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 134

Bibeaux

I found another topic in the archive in which somebody somewhat explains the same issue as I am experiencing. There was one reply, but no solution as far as I understand. This is the original question:

My DJ controller has 2 different audio outputs (one for master - that people can hear, another for monitor - the dj uses to make the mix) and traktor see both outputs of my controller's build-in sound card.

Unfortunately OBS see this sound card as a single device and mix all sounds on both outputs all the time, that make online mixing process unreal cause viewers hear both tracks from sound card (that is playing now and that i'm listening to mix).

Can somebody guide me to make it work?

lunaticz0r

have you found a solution yet? Im dutch too, same problem with pc or mac, no sound is found on desktop audio nor aux mic input ..

daveom

I am no expert at all, but I think you are going to have an issue with using Traktor (or any other DJing software) and OBS on the same PC, if I understand that is what you are doing. The issue is that Traktor (in this case) is managing the audio routing between cue, master and booth, but OBS only sees the audio devices that windows or MacOS does which is only the 1 sound card in the the controller. IMHO the easiest solution will be to run a 2 PC setup, one with Traktor and one with OBS which takes the master feed. Obviously this may not be an easy (or cheap) solution. The only other way I can think to do it would be to use an external USB sound card to take the master feed from the S4 back into the PC as another audio source.
Anyway as I said I'm no OBS expert but hopefully this may help.