Nvenc Encoder Overloaded problem

mrcuddllzz

About three weeks ago I upgraded my GPU to a EVGA 2070 super to improve the quality of my streams and play at higher frame rates. The first 2 weeks I got it my streams were perfect at 900p at 60 FPS, then just this past week OBS started giving me encoder overloaded messages for about a second or two. I brushed it off as it rarely happened but as the days progressed it kept giving me the same message but for longer and longer. It’s at the point where the second I start streaming it pops up. I ended having to stream at 900p 30 FPS to fix it but it bugs me that I can’t stream at 60 FPS when I was perfectly able to when I first got the gpu.

I’ve tried everything from running OBS as administrator, setting the process priority from slow to high, turning off game mode but nothing has worked so far.

My system specs are I5 8600k - 6 Core 6 threads 16 GBs of RAM EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra

Here are the Log Files https://obsproject.com/logs/5fJ54hs7tIR4NBUE

qhobbes

1. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode
2. Use Quality instead of Max Quality. Uncheck Psycho Visual Tuning and Look-ahead.
3. Having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Partial".

Someone mentioned setting monitor refresh rate to 120 may "work" better than 144 for 60 fps captures (cap in game framerate to 120). I would think the same would apply to 30 fps capture.