Question / Help NVENC crashing game and stream w/ newer Nvidia drivers

TGODneilan

hello all, im pretty sure this is more a nvidia driver problem than OBS but i more just want to see if anyone is experiencing the same thing, and if they have managed a fix.

so basically any nvidia driver after 416.34, will eventually crash while streaming with NVENC. not immediate but it will happen anytime from 10 mins in up to 2 hours into a stream on twitch. game will crash, monitors all flicker, msi shows GPU not running in Max Performance, and OBS studio shows a bitrate stream of 0. All signs of the drivers crashing. Results in me having to restart OBS and the game at minimum, restarting PC if i want max performance back from NVCP. ive tried all drivers up until this most recent 417.22, but nothing of a fix for anything NVENC was mentioned in that driver so id rather not bother.

Im using an ASUS GTX 1070 OC, NVENC stream settings are below. streaming at 900p. i dont have a log file as i havent streamed with the new drivers in a while and was more just curious if anyone has run into the same problems or if its something weird with my PC that a fresh install of windows and everything might help haha Thanks (:
NVENCsettings.png

White_King

I can reproduce the issue in an MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO and the problem seems to be related to NvEnc bc the same thing happens with OBS, Handbrake, and FFmpeg

it seems that the Graphics Card encoder (NvEnc) is crashing my computer, sometimes it throws a BSOD and sometimes it just restarts my computer. I can replicate this with OBS, Handbrake, and FFmpeg encoding, all of them using NvEnc.
I Don't know how to send you or even check the logs I hope you can help me with this also.

I hope someone has information on the mater