Nuanced background removal? 'Green' screen to a still image? Advanced chroma key?

SadMonsterParty

I'm not sure what to call this, but here's the situation:

This is about as good as my green screen's gonna get in my tiny apartment.
Green screening out the green works great, 'yellow' screening out the floor works fine on people's legs (if they're wearing pants), but alphas out people's skin above the waist.

can I green screen above a certain pixel and 'yellow' screen below that? or chroma key to a still image of the background? (I've seen a handful of threads where people discourage that because it's inconsistent and looks like a crappy zoom meeting filter, but I think it'd work well in my situation.)

Here's video of what I've done with it so far:

Attachments

• temp_key2.png
    temp_key2.png
    163.8 KB · Views: 8

SadMonsterParty

Mirror the camera source, crop them to the split, then chroma key them separately?
Thanks! That's basically what I did. I decided to Image Mask it to make it easier to align.
They occasionally run a frame or two out of sync (no idea why), and you can see the seam, but it kinda works.

qhobbes

You can chroma key to a still background image. I do this with a pool table to place an image on the cloth/felt of the table and the balls roll over it. It look's ok. Can't really tell on small screens, just pure magic. I just take a screenshot of the preview and use that as the background.

qhobbes

The standard Chroma Key filter. You can also use multiple Chroma Key filters for different colors on the same source.