Question / Help Not sure why I'm dropping frames.

XOR

Hello,

Maybe someone will be able to help me out. Lately I've started to drop frames while I wasn't previously.
I've ran pleanty of speedtests, including the twitchtester to test the injest follow, the bitrate is well within what I have.

Also I've also noticed OBS studio jumping well above my set bitrate even though I have CBR enabled.

If you can help me out I'd appreciate it.

(The games i'm playing have little motion and simple color so this bitrate is high enough for the resolution)

Attachments

• 2016-02-18 15-37-31.txt
    25.1 KB · Views: 13

Harold

frame drops are internet connection related.

Screenshot of the twitchtest results please.

XOR

Here is my latest twitch test.

These numbers only fluctuate normaly about 1 to 10kbps.
(normal ms to frankfurt, paris, and uk server are typically 20ish ms, but that can change obviously)

I'm also wondering why OBS sometimes is significantly jumping in transfer rate beyond my set bitrate + audio bit + normal spikes.

p.s. sorry for my crappy speed.

Attachments

• twitchtest.png
    twitchtest.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 24

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Hmm... I am afraid there is not much to add. You have around 700kbps of upload speed. A bitrate of 500 + 64 audio leaves a small margin of 136kbps for other stuff. Only thing you can try is to lower your bitrates even further.
I can only assume that your connection is not always able to keep the full 700kbps of upload speed or another program might interfere if it tries to upload something.