Not recording videos in browsers

Pedro_C7

When I'm recording a window and put obs in full screen any image in movement just gone. For example, I want to record a Meet tab, but all I have is a gray screen. The problem also occurs with videos from youtube and facebook, for example. I'm already disable hardware acceleration in chrome, disable full screen optimization in obs. In the first image everything is okay with obs in windowed mode. The second is the problem, everything in movement disappear.
1607565852387.png
1607565885001.png

Last edited:

Hugo16

I have the same problem, if you already solved it please let me know. I've just posted a thread with the same issue.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Modern browsers stop displaying video in the background to save power. In Chrome you can turn it off at chrome://flags/#calculate-native-win-occlusion.

Pedro_C7

Modern browsers stop displaying video in the background to save power. In Chrome you can turn it off at chrome://flags/#calculate-native-win-occlusion.
It's work for me! Thnks a lot! Do you know how make this on edge?

Magitroopa

Wow, just found this thread and it fixed my issue. Thanks! Was this some recent Chrome and/or OBS update that did this? I was able to record things like YouTube videos or livestreams through OBS for months, but all of a sudden, videos were playing in the background and continue with a still image showing in OBS. Disabling that option fixed it entirely, but just curious why this has begun in recent months for me.

ultra_artu

it came back for me and I already have hardware acceleration turned off, every single time I open a video in a separate window then overlap that window over the one being capture it just dose not display anymore