Question / Help Not getting Audio on stream or record

Joe Tilston

Hi All!
I just purchased a BlackMagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder, and am using it in conjunction with a Nikon D5300, on a Mid 2012 Mac Book pro.

On my first stream i didn't get any Audio. It is showing an audio response on the mixer, indicating there was an input being picked up. Decided to record to see if there was any audio being recorded that way. It did not, I tried changing every setting I could think of, and nothing seemed to fix it.

After changing a few I decided to restart the computer and OBS. Started it up again, hit record and it worked! but only the first time. Without changing settings it stops recording audio, after the first attempt to record.
Upon noticing this, I thought it might stream with audio on first attempt after starting the program. Frustratingly this was not the case.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, or got any idea what i might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Joe Tilston

I've actually managed to get it working, using a mic going through a Scarlet 2i2, So the issue must be between OBS and the Mini recorder. I was hoping to keep the set up simple and just use the Camera's Audio. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated