Question / Help Not detecting Elgato HD60 in Video Capture Device

mjdillard22

Yes I have downloaded the HD Capture Software. No I do not have it opened while I am running OBS. The only thing that appears when I try to click new video capture device is my webcam. HD60 is no where to be found. Even though, if I only open my HD Capture Software my xbox screen pops up fine. So I know its not any of the cables/usb ports. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything and restarting my computer. I am starting to get very frustrated with this and would appreciate any help I can get. I am on a Mac computer running the 10.13.6.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 8.25.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 8.25.32 AM.png
    942.2 KB · Views: 67

Narcogen

The HD60 cannot be used with OBS on MacOS. There are numerous threads about this. Elgato's claim for Mac compatibility only includes their own software, and their claim of OBS compatibility only applies to Windows.

Narcogen

ELGATOs claim is fine. It's the OBS software. The devolpers need to get off their asses and get it fixed!

This is absolutely false. The Elgato is not a standard UBS video device. On MacOS they provide only their own software. Connect the device to a Mac and see if it shows up as a video device in any other application-- in Skype, in FaceTime, in OBS, in Final Cut, in any video aware application. It won't because they do not provide a MacOS device driver, and the device does not function as a standard USB video device, unlike other models like the CamLink, or capture device from many other manufacturers.

But hey, no need to take my word for it, why not ask @LtRoyalShrimp if you can use OBS with an HD60 under MacOS, and if not, why not?