Question / Help Noise gate settings OBS Rodecaster pro

Darcypierre4563

I am running my audio from my Rodecaster pro into my MacBook Pro (2015 I7 processor) - my audio keeps clipping (going in and out) in the OBS mixer when I try to record or just listen to me talk from my macbooks speakers. When I adjust the noise gate settings under filters, my audio gets better. It still drops, but it gets better. So my conclusion is that the noise gate settings are applied whether they're manually selected under filters and that the default noise gate settings are causing my audio to drop through my rodecaster pro. When I adjust the Open and and closed threshold, my audio doesn't clip for a longer period of time than if my noise gate settings were on default. Any help in determining what settings I need to have to get my audio to not clip via my rodecaster pro into OBS?Adding and Adjusting the Noise gate is one thing that appears to make a difference. I saw another forum on noise gate settings but it didn't offer enough detail. Please help me.

antzfarm1

I am running my audio from my Rodecaster pro into my MacBook Pro (2015 I7 processor) - my audio keeps clipping (going in and out) in the OBS mixer when I try to record or just listen to me talk from my macbooks speakers. When I adjust the noise gate settings under filters, my audio gets better. It still drops, but it gets better. So my conclusion is that the noise gate settings are applied whether they're manually selected under filters and that the default noise gate settings are causing my audio to drop through my rodecaster pro. When I adjust the Open and and closed threshold, my audio doesn't clip for a longer period of time than if my noise gate settings were on default. Any help in determining what settings I need to have to get my audio to not clip via my rodecaster pro into OBS?Adding and Adjusting the Noise gate is one thing that appears to make a difference. I saw another forum on noise gate settings but it didn't offer enough detail. Please help me.
Heard from someone that you can adjust your voice setting to "soft" and that would help.