No Video from Video Capture Card - Only Audio

Scott Yandell

I have purchased two different video capture cards to copy VHS tapes to MP4 digital files. When using OBS studio, I am able to hear audio, but there is no video. It is the same with both cards. I have selected the scene and the source for both cards. Both cards can successfully import video into Quicktime, withe the same hardware connections.

I have a MacBook Pro with the M1 chip. I am running Ventura 13.0 Mac OS.

Is this a problem others have had and is there a solution? Thanks for any help.

MarvinM1948

New member, I'm just trying to import video to my MacMini M1. So that I can digitize some old Home Movies on VHS. Which Video capture cards did you have luck with? I would be happy if even Quicktime got my VHS tapes imported. Thanks

I have purchased two different video capture cards to copy VHS tapes to MP4 digital files. When using OBS studio, I am able to hear audio, but there is no video. It is the same with both cards. I have selected the scene and the source for both cards. Both cards can successfully import video into Quicktime, withe the same hardware connections.

I have a MacBook Pro with the M1 chip. I am running Ventura 13.0 Mac OS.

Is this a problem others have had and is there a solution? Thanks for any help.
I am thinking it's to do with your resolution setting on the capture cards. Open the quicktime video and go to window, the select "show movie inspector" to see the resolution. Then set the capture cards to that resolution in OBS.