Bug Report No Stream Deck Support since 23.0

NordishD

Hello! I have a connection problem with the Elgato Stream Deck since the update to version 23.0. The Elgato software indicates that I should start OBS, even though it has already started. Elgato also had a new update, which of course could be due to that.
I have already reinstalled both programs and still the error remains. The OBS tools also do not show the stream deck.

Fresno Wolf

I'm having the same problem as well.

Since I was switching from SLOBS to OBS 23.0.1, I reinstalled my OOS (since it was due anyway). I then downloaded and installed the latest version of all drives/programs (including Stream Deck and OBS. I even tried going under preferences in Stream Deck and setting obs64.exe under Application. I set the profile up as default etc. Regardless of what I try, Stream Deck still gives me the "Please launch OBS Studio" message.

Clearly, Stream Deck isn't recognizing the latest rebuild of OBS. Something more than just incredible new features has changed with OBS. OBS has an obligation to at least reach out to companies that supply equipment and/or software to streamers that make the streaming experience better. I'm starting to regret my decision to switch back to OBS after using SLOBS for quite awhile.

Malic

Same, I am still running 23.0.0 rc2 until it works again.

23.0.0 had a broken mode when trying to close, and now 23.0.1 makes stream deck non functional

Malic

Yes, and have tried rolling back and admin rights as well to ensure that it was not streamdeck .

Works fine on 23.0.0-RC-2 but not on either the 23.0.0 or 23.0.1 versions

Is something with OBS that has changed between RC2 and what we now have live

Had the exactly same issue with OBS 22.0.x and for me the solution was running the Elgato Streamdeck software as administrator, but apparently this working anymore...

Valcry

Hello! I have a connection problem with the Elgato Stream Deck since the update to version 23.0. The Elgato software indicates that I should start OBS, even though it has already started. Elgato also had a new update, which of course could be due to that.
I have already reinstalled both programs and still the error remains. The OBS tools also do not show the stream deck.

Moin Nordish,

I haven't installed the latest Streamdeck update for now, because there was nothing interesting for me inside.
But I got now two Streams with OBS 23 and the streamdeck still works fine at my end. I'm referring to Start/Stop Recording, Muting Microphohe, switching scenes and Hotkeys do work as well.

Confirmed with 23.0 and 23.1.

PS: I Must say that I haven't tried to rebind any keys on OBS since the update. Maybe the problem is "just there".

NordishD

Ok, so it actually seems to be a bug. I also checked the Game Mode option, but it was never activated. I'm going to create a log file, maybe it's actually possible to find out something, I always assumed that a bug would not necessarily log into a log file. I think Slobs are good too, with good approaches, but for me OBS Studio was always in the lead. I also use the Streamlabs chatbot and it's not integrated with slobs yet.
The absence of the Stream Deck option is a real showstopper.

NordishD

Moin Nordish,

I haven't installed the latest Streamdeck update for now, because there was nothing interesting for me inside.
But I got now two Streams with OBS 23 and the streamdeck still works fine at my end. I'm referring to Start/Stop Recording, Muting Microphohe, switching scenes and Hotkeys do work as well.

Confirmed with 23.0 and 23.1.

PS: I Must say that I haven't tried to rebind any keys on OBS since the update. Maybe the problem is "just there".
Moin Val,
das kann natürlich auch sehr gut sein, das Update von Elgato kam ja auch zeitnah, dass man es weniger abgrenzen konnte.
Ich bin erst von einem OBS Bug ausgegangen, weil ich der Meinung war, dass das Streamdeck Plugin auch in OBS angezeigt wurde (unter Werkzeuge?) und nun auf einmal fehlte. Ich werde heute Abend mal weiter testen, vielen Dank erstmal für den Hinweis!

Hy Val,
Of course this is also very possible, the update of Elgato was indeed released soon, so that you could distinguish it less.
I first thought of an OBS bug, because I thought that the Streamdeck plugin was also displayed in OBS (under Tools?) and was suddenly missing. I will continue testing this evening, thank you very much for the hint!

NordishD

Do not ask me why, but for some reason it works now. I have reinstalled OBS, reinstalled the stream deck or their software .... several times and now it works again. I do not touch anything anymore, never change a running system! ;-)

Funky_au

Same issue for me. Updated OBS to V23.0.2 and Stream Deck cant seem to find it. I can launch OBS with Stream Deck but then it wont let me set any buttons. Worked fine in V21.

Malic

Updated to 23.0.2 and still no Stream deck support

Am still using 23.0.0-RC-2 until this is fixed