No sound

citroends

Im am using the Gembird video grabber. I succesfully edit a film from a VHS Super 8 camera. The next day I tried another video, with the same camera. No sound anymore. I played this cassette on a TV and there is defenitively sound on it. I contacted the helpdesk of Gembird and they recommended me to use NCH software if OBS was not working. I removed OBS from my computer via "settings -apps removing". Now I receive the fault indicating in NCH that my videograbber is in use in another application. So I removed NCH and reinstalled OBS. But allthough it is newly installed, the program is not starting with new settings, but is taking the settings from the time I removed it from my computer. How can I get started again with "blanco" or virgin settings?

AaronD

Are you using the "Default" audio device in OBS? If so, that would be the problem.

"Default" defers to the operating system to choose the actual device, and the OS can and does change that selection without warning or indication...except that it "suddenly doesn't work", because it's looking at a different device now.

Don't use "Default", at all, ever. Always change it to a specific device *in OBS*. Then it won't change on you.

And, if you're not using a particular source, Disable or Remove it. Don't leave things hanging around that can only hurt you.