Question / Help No Sound When Streaming

Tyler H

Hi,

I'm having trouble, so hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm trying to stream my PS4 using OBS onto Twitch. I use a Aver Media LGP and I'm using a Mac as my computer.

My footage shows up in RECentral with sound, but my footage shows up in OBS without sound.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

dping

Hi,

I'm having trouble, so hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm trying to stream my PS4 using OBS onto Twitch. I use a Aver Media LGP and I'm using a Mac as my computer.

My footage shows up in RECentral with sound, but my footage shows up in OBS without sound.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
So you're using multiplatform....

make sure the two programs aren't on at the same time. close RECentral then open OBS MP.

dping

Unfortunately, OBS does not recognize my footage unless RECentral is open.
If that is the case you are doing it wrong. the RECentral app shouldn't even be used nor game capture. There is a source called video capture device that will be used for that. you'll see two devices in the video capture source, one of them will work

amsyar ZeRo

If that is the case you are doing it wrong. the RECentral app shouldn't even be used nor game capture. There is a source called video capture device that will be used for that. you'll see two devices in the video capture source, one of them will work

The AverMedia LGP doesn't have any AV Capture devices that will work with Mac,so it will not show up in the video capture device.

Tyler H

So is there a reason why it recognizes my footage but not audio then? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm not too savvy when it comes to this stuff.

amsyar ZeRo

So is there a reason why it recognizes my footage but not audio then? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm not too savvy when it comes to this stuff.

Sorry to dping.I thought it was Video Adapter but you said Video Capture Device.So that will actually work.As for you,Tyler,have you installed Soundflower?If not,click here.

Then,do this:

1.Go to Audio MIDI Setup

2.Create a Multi-Output device by clicking on the '+' sign.

3.Tick the boxes on the left of 'Built-in Output' and 'Soundflower 2ch'.Also tick the 'Drift Correction' box next to 'Built-in Output'.

4.Set your headphone volume to whatever you like(because you cannot set it later)

5.Go to Settings->Sound and go to the Output tab.Use the Multi-Output Device you just created.Remember,you cannot adjust the volume when switching to this device.