Question / Help No sound OBS from Traktor S2

LongJohnStaff

Hi there. I am not very tech savvy so please forgive me if this is a very basic query!! I have a Macbook Pro and run the latest version of IOS Catalina. I am using a Traktor 3 software and a S2 (MK2) controller with the latest version on the software. I have just downloaded OBS software and followed the Native Instruments (NI) on-line tutorial to set up OBS without an additional external audio interface. NI recommended Soundflower (SF) and suggested linking SF to Traktor in the Audio Midi Set Up as an aggregated device - you then select this as an audio input in OBS - this didn't work. After further research on-line I then downloaded IshowU and Blackhole and tried the same route of creating an aggregated audio device and again I cannot get OBS to recognise any sound.

I also tried selecting the aggregated devices (separately) in OBS's audio settings tab - this didn't work either. In all of the above scenarios I tried various combinations of output routing in Traktor's preferences.

As I said, I'm not very tech savvy and don't know whether I'm trying to do something that simply won't work or whether I'm doing something wrong with the bits of kit I have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

LongJohnStaff

Agreed! Hopefully someone will be able to help. If you find out anything else please post on here and I will do the same. Cheers

LongJohnStaff

Hi! I have the same problem, help please !
And soundflower doesn’t work...
Hi - I have downloaded a trial version of loopback and that has got the sound recognised in OBS. I have one further issue in that I only have one output option - same for headphones, home system and output to OBS. I'm not sure if this is a Traktor or Loopback issue?

JustinNeal

I had to trick OBS to hear play the sound. I use one audio mixer that is connected directly to traktor. I have it muted. Then I have another audio from the aggregate output. This setting somehow tricks OBS, but I have to reset it every time I play. Minor inconvenience for the hours I spent trying to figure it out.

LongJohnStaff

Hi! I have the same problem, help please !
And soundflower doesn’t work...
Hi - so I downloaded a trial version of Loopback and that sends the sound to OBS no problem. It's a bit fiddly to set up but once set up it works well. I lost all outputs in Traktor other than Loopback. I got round this by creating an aggregated device with Loopback and Traktor and selecting that device in Audio set up in Traktor preferences. I did a trial run live stream and the video and audio was very patchy/non-existent. So I think having solved my audio issues I probably need to run a LAN cable for internet rather than WiFi. Two steps forward, one step back....