Question / Help No Picture on OBS and BM Ultra Studio Mini Recorder

Chris Macdonald

I'm getting no picture on OBS. Always worked every time in the past. Recently updated to latest OBS. Computer recognizes BM Ultra Studio Mini Recorder, but now I only get a black screen. Trouble shooted everything from camera output, tested multiple BM mini recorders, checked thunderbolt cables, etc. but still no image. Any Ideas? On a 2014 iMac

Thanks,
Chris

Harold

It's part of the blackmagic desktop video package which is available for windows, mac and linux.

greenhouse

I'm getting no picture on OBS. Always worked every time in the past. Recently updated to latest OBS. Computer recognizes BM Ultra Studio Mini Recorder, but now I only get a black screen my ip birthday wishes tneb
Trouble shooted everything from camera output, tested multiple BM mini recorders, checked thunderbolt cables, etc. but still no image. Any Ideas? On a 2014 iMac

Last edited:

Narcogen

The idea is "contact BlackMagic".

Equipment sold to you by a vendor isn't working even with their own software. Whatever issue there has to be addressed by them before you can move to making it work with OBS.

SRL

I have exactly the same issue. I have trouble shot everything and even called Black Magic, who went through the manual for my Vixia looking at settings. I can not see the camera, and also used Media Express which sees Black Magic Studio, but also does not get a visual. It worked the first time I set it up, but after that. nothing and have uninstalled every piece of software and reinstalled. Everything is set up right. BMUSMR is frustrating. and being unable to go live now and not use my camera is really bad. I am on Mohave and even updated that software just in case.