No NDI Sources shown for Elgato HD 60 S capture card with OBS Link

ahmetb

What am I trying to do?
Hi folks, I am trying to capture output from Elgato HD 60 S HDMI capture card.

What works?
If I use Elgato’s own Game Capture HD for macOS software, I am able see or capture HDMI output. But I don't want to use this software for streaming.

What doesn't work?
Having this device show up on OBS.
Upon doing these:
  • installing required software (obs-ndi, OBS Link by Elgato, ndi-runtime)
  • connecting my capture device
  • starting OBS Link (shows green for NDI and OBS)
and then adding a "NDI Source" to OBS for macOS, the "Source name" dropdown is showing an empty list.
For people this works, it shows a file name with *.link extension here.
1591464998397.png

What have I tried?
I have installed these software and plugins:
I am starting OBS Link software, and it sees my device and all is green:

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 10.40.52 AM.png

However, once I add an NDI Source, I don't see any source to select from (see my first screenshot).

At one point while playing with this, the OBS Link icon on the taskbar has turned from black to blue, but I could not reproduce it. I am suspecting something’s wrong with the software/versions combination I installed.

I know it's a long shot –but if anyone has ideas, I appreciate. Otherwise I think I’ll return this HD60S capture card and get a proper CamLink4K that acts as a USB webcam device natively.

Attachments

• 1591465437289.png
    1591465437289.png
    125 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

OTalented

I'm having the same exact issue. I have everything downloaded and set up. I even dowloaded the NDI software to track the sources but it's still not showing. It was working on my previous Macbook Pro which was 2014 but now I'm wondering if its because I have the new Macbook Pro.

OTalented

What am I trying to do?
Hi folks, I am trying to capture output from Elgato HD 60 S HDMI capture card.

What works?
If I use Elgato’s own Game Capture HD for macOS software, I am able see or capture HDMI output. But I don't want to use this software for streaming.

What doesn't work?
Having this device show up on OBS.
Upon doing these:
  • installing required software (obs-ndi, OBS Link by Elgato, ndi-runtime)
  • connecting my capture device
  • starting OBS Link (shows green for NDI and OBS)
and then adding a "NDI Source" to OBS for macOS, the "Source name" dropdown is showing an empty list.
For people this works, it shows a file name with *.link extension here.
View attachment 57289

What have I tried?
I have installed these software and plugins:
I am starting OBS Link software, and it sees my device and all is green:

View attachment 57290
However, once I add an NDI Source, I don't see any source to select from (see my first screenshot).

At one point while playing with this, the OBS Link icon on the taskbar has turned from black to blue, but I could not reproduce it. I am suspecting something’s wrong with the software/versions combination I installed.

I know it's a long shot –but if anyone has ideas, I appreciate. Otherwise I think I’ll return this HD60S capture card and get a proper CamLink4K that acts as a USB webcam device natively.
So I just found a solution that will work.

-Download software from NDI.TV
-Open Game Capture (Leave this window open, DON'T MINIMIZE)
-Open NDI Scan Converter, select Game Capture (Doesn't have a window so it will be out of the way just don't close it)
-Open OBS, Select NDI, Select (Scan Converter)

And it works!!! I also cropped the screen so that it shows only the game capture. It's a lot but it works! Until we get an answer as to why it isn't functioning properly

IMG_0240.JPG

foumssa

hello guys, i have the same problem since a lot of time, and for the solution everything is good, but i cant see the game capture in the list of application for the scan converter, is ther a solution fot this( and im on mac M1)