Question / Help No frame drops but stream has delay

uBlead

Hi. obs doesnt show any dropped frames or any errors, without checking it at Aparat ( my streaming platform ) everything seems normal even in 4mbits.( currently 2.5 mbits as shown in log ) but the longer the stream gets the delay gets worse , and if i stream for about 2 hours, the delay will be like 30 minutes. even if i end the stream sometimes it goes on in aparat and sometimes ends without it reaching the point where i was when i ended the stream. changing the bitrate and resolution seems to have SOME effects but im not quiet SURE. please help if u understand this log and where the problem is thanks in advance.
log : https://obsproject.com/logs/IZx0dJxsn6SQFhv2

Narcogen

If OBS is operating normally, and in the log it appears to be, then the delay would be on the side of your streaming platform.

Narcogen

.1% frame drop is not particularly significant, no. Certainly nothing that would cause a delay of the extreme length you describe. When streaming RTMP to Twitch or YouTube, 15-30 *seconds* of lag is normal. When streaming FTL to Mixer.com, 1-2 *seconds* is normal. A delay as long as you describe (30 *minutes*) means either something close to catastrophically wrong on the provider's end or with your ISP. It's not caused by dropping 50 frames over 25 minutes or so.

You're using delay filters on sources for sync, I assume, but I don't imagine you could be setting the values so high as to cause this. I don't see an entry in the logfile for stream delay, so I don't think that's it either, but even then, for OBS to intentionally create a delay of 30 minutes would require saving a scratch recording large enough to hold 30 minutes of footage, and that wouldn't increase or decrease over the session, it would be 30 minutes right from the start.

03:12:42.810: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 9 (0.1%)
03:12:42.810: ==== Streaming Stop ================================================

03:13:18.299: Output 'adv_file_output': stopping
03:13:18.299: Output 'adv_file_output': Total frames output: 80010
03:13:18.299: Output 'adv_file_output': Total drawn frames: 79979 (80027 attempted)
03:13:18.299: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 48 (0.1%)
03:13:18.300: ==== Recording Stop ================================================
03:13:18.300: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 51/80261 (0.1%)