Question / Help No file output when recording over 60fps with multiple audio tracks

DeDstar

I want to record at 120fps to do slow motion, but sometimes OBS Studio doesn't output any files despite saying "[ffmpeg muxer: 'adv_file_output'] Writing file... .mkv'..." in the logs. With only 1 audio track, the file outputs like usual without any hiccups, but it seems like OBS Studio is not capable of consistently writing file onto drive when recording at 120fps with multiple audio tracks? I say consistently because there were several times OBS Studio could write the file like normal and everything would work fine, but once I hit 'Start Recording' the 2nd or 3rd time the problem would show up again.

I've tried:
- Disabling Windows Defender
- Disabling Browser Hardware Acceleration
- Not running as administrator
- Setting all audio devices' bit depth and sample rate to 16 and 48KHz respectively
- Underclocking GPU
- Recording to different drives (NVMe M.2 SSD and HDD)
- Changing color format
- Changing to different a preset, rate control, profile, max b-frames, keyframe interval
- Disabling Psycho visual tunning and Look-ahead
- Changing all audio tracks' bitrate to the same bitrate (320Kbps)
- Using a different downscale filter

Would be much appreciated if someone could help!

Link to log file (Also attached below): https://obsproject.com/logs/PLYq6RQIOzhQYEzJ
Image attached below is the Stats along with infinite "Stopping Recording..." because the file isn't there (Weirdly enough I can actually make it stop by pausing and unpausing then click on 'Stop Recording...' and the file will be there but it will always be a corrupted 1.21KB file).

Attachments

• 2020-05-08 01-27-27.txt
    21.7 KB · Views: 1
  • obs-studio-stopping-recording.png
    obs-studio-stopping-recording.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

DeDstar

Ah, so it's a known bug. Dang I guess I'll have to record at 60fps for now, but thank you for your reponse!