Question / Help No Display on one specific camera and Cannot Exit Application

wa2flq

I'm having problems with my PTZoptics 20X-SDI-G2 (latest firmware) under High Sierra (10.13.6) on a Mac Mini 2012 i5 with OBS 22.0.3.

A setup with a Media Source RTSP works fine most of the time. I can record for hours. But occasionally when I use or restart OBS I get the no preview display or audio from this camera. The Stats show some CPU consumption and the Activity Monitor shows a bump corresponding to the normal Network activity from this camera.

I can switch to different IP camera and can see this other camera in preview just fine. Also if I use a scene with the PTZoptics camera and VLC as the source with (same) RTSP in the playlist, it also displays properly. At the same time Media Source RTSP scenes are still black. When I try to exit OBS, I get the spinning mac disk of infinite annoyance. I have to force quit OBS. Note that OBS was not itself frozen at any time.

Starting OBS again, gives the same behavior forever with the PTZoptics camera and audio on RTSP sources are black/missing, while the other IP cameras and VLC source (and VLC itself) for PTZOptics just fine. The OBS still requires force-quit to stop the application.

If I do a reboot of the PTZCamera and relaunch OBS it works fine for a while. But since the camera seems otherwise to be functional for other applications, I don't thing the problem is there.

Any thoughts as to what to investigate? I get the sense that when in this state, there some issue with the network packets, with OBS and the PTZOptics camera out of handshake synch. Is there some method to turn on more verbose debugging to look into this issue?

Attachments

• 2018-12-18 01-44-46.txt
    9.7 KB · Views: 20

Narcogen

First place to start would be a logfile that includes a recording or streaming session during which the problem occurs. A logfile without such a session is missing most of the information needed to troubleshoot.

wa2flq

I attached a recent logfile where the session had the problem. There doesn't seem to be any info or logging reflecting issues with the preview or recording from the problematic sources. The force quit terminates the process and prevents the output of the Profiler Results.

'Scene' - Media Source is 1920x1080 H264 30 Hz
'Scene 2' - VLC Source is same resolution. Same RTSP reference as previous source.
'Scene 3' - Media Small is 1280x720
'Scene 4' - Media Source 2 is a different camera at 1280/720, 30 Hz.

Scene and Scene 2 are blank on Preview and Recording. Scene 1 and 3 have normal previews and recordings.

If the preview is monitoring a working source, the display keeps running after I request the app to Quit, as the spinning ball starts.

Attachments

• 2018-12-18 21-48-11.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 14

Narcogen

21:49:41.663: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 90 (3.6%)

What is causing GPU overload in this situation? I'm not sure I think it has anything to do with your issue, but looking at the log it doesn't seem like there should be any...

wa2flq

I am temporarily running other bits while I debug. I have the VLC application running in another window and console, terminal sessions, activity monitor collect spindumps open and intermittantly running. So, this causes some strain on the GPU/CPU, but these are NOT present under normal recording conditions.