Question / Help No Desktop Audio Being Streamed Or Recorded.

VolatileGabe

trying now. will report back. EDIT: Tried it. Didn't fix it. So weird. everything was working fine before :(

Last edited:

Harold

Adobe and Vegas are NOT good examples to give. They're significantly more picky about media formats than VLC and MPC-HC.

VolatileGabe

Adobe and Vegas are NOT good examples to give. They're significantly more picky about media formats than VLC and MPC-HC.
the problem is that it wont stream any audio either. all my viewers hear is my mic. no desktop audio of any kind.
the local recordings are standard mp4. they are not showing audio on anything at all. I have tried VLC. Nothing.

belboz

I am no expert at logs, are you doing a game capture or capturing from the elgato? I see both the Elgato and Street Fighter game capture.

VolatileGabe

it has to be a bug of some kind. it will randomly work when it wants to. it used to work perfectly and now it just doesnt. i didnt mess with any settings or anything like that.

belboz

It says rc1 in your log. I think rc1 had audio issues. Download the latest 0.13.1 I bet that fixes it

Myself and others had issues with rc1 where it would not record audio or stream it even though the mixer showed activity.

belboz

I should have noticed the rc1 thing earlier. Guarantee that was your problem. It was an intermittent issue, but most of the time I would get no audio with rc1 even though I was seeing mixer activity.

Sorry for not catching it quicker, but I am betting 0.13.1 fixes your issue! Good luck streaming. Have followed you!

VolatileGabe

I should have noticed the rc1 thing earlier. Guarantee that was your problem. It was an intermittent issue, but most of the time I would get no audio with rc1 even though I was seeing mixer activity.

Sorry for not catching it quicker, but I am betting 0.13.1 fixes your issue! Good luck streaming. Have followed you!
appreciate the follow and the help. see ya out there!

James Murphey

I've had the same problem. I may just be Dumb but when I record, Everything seems fine. After I'm done and I review my Audio, the game volume is fine, my voice isn't. I've boosted the audio, I've turned off the game volume, I've made everything quiet but somehow my voice doesn't get loud at all, or audible. At all. I may just be dumb.

belboz

I've had the same problem. I may just be Dumb but when I record, Everything seems fine. After I'm done and I review my Audio, the game volume is fine, my voice isn't. I've boosted the audio, I've turned off the game volume, I've made everything quiet but somehow my voice doesn't get loud at all, or audible. At all. I may just be dumb.

That isn't the issue VolatileGabe was having. I would suggest starting a thread about your issue and posting all relevant info, obs logs, etc.