Question / Help no capture sound with avermedia lgx

hardlevelbr

hi,

when i try to capture with LGX the recorded file is without audio, i`m using windows 10 and the driver of the lgx is the lastes, what can i do to solve this?

thanks!

Please download VLC and try to play with that, in 99.9% of cases the problem is related to codecs and VLC supports all the codecs used by OBS whereas the default media players do not.

hardlevelbr

no my friend, this is not the problem, when I insert the video on sony vegas it still without audio, the audio bar is not increase when i`m recording

Attachments

• obs1.png
    obs1.png
    339.4 KB · Views: 107
  • obs3.png
    obs3.png
    638.1 KB · Views: 96
So I can see from your settings that the Avermedia and the Desktop Audio are both muted. When you have a channel muted you won't see anything in the level. On your scene you have a source called "captura de entrada de audio" I can see some level on this channel.

I can see from your screen shot of Vegas that there are four audio channels they all look flat, from your mixer settings I would expect to see at least two with no levels.

In my experience I have had some times seen recordings bought into Sony Vegas which show no audio however if I increase the volume slider in Vegas on the audio channel I can hear the channel no problem.

All that said we could do with some more information. First can you post a log of an attempted recording, details at the top of the forum on where to get a log file from. Second can you post a screen shot of your output configuration, Settings, Output, Recording and your Advanced Audio Settings found under Edit, Advanced Audio Properties

hardlevelbr

sorry, when I printed it`s really muted because I was testing another audio input, but before that isn`t muted and still not working

when I activate the wave out i can hear over the pc when recording, but the bar isn`t changing and still whithout audio

thanks

Attachments

• obs4.png
    obs4.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 47
  • obs5.png
    obs5.png
    335.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 2016-01-19 19-04-14.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 11
Please can you provide a screen shot of your recording configuration - Settings, Output, Recording Tab.
Please can you provide a screen shot of your Advanced Audio Properties - Edit, Advanced Audio Properties.

These will help us understand the configuration you have better.

One interesting thing I noticed from your log is this:

[DShow Device: 'Avermedia'] settings updated:

using video device audio: yes
sample rate: 0 <--------------------- No sample rate
channels: 0 <-----------------------No channels
audio type: WaveOut

But this is just during initialisation and doesn't show the actual recording happening, when I look at my capture card config at the same place I see 48000 for samples and 2 for channels.

Anyway can you update the post with screen shots as requested and I'll see what else I can do to help.

Could you share a screen shot of your capture card settings from Avermedia RECentral? Press the Capture button and then hit the Advanced config that sits around the big red record button.

hardlevelbr

here... i couldn`t find the advanced settings in RECentral 2, buts this is the settings that i us2

Attachments

• rec.png
    rec.png
    357.1 KB · Views: 74
  • rec2.png
    rec2.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 73
Those are the ones and they look good to me - I specifically wanted to check that Audio was configured for HDMI which is a problem I've run into in the past.

OK I am out of ideas to be honest. Could you make a short one minute recording and upload the raw file for me to look at? You won't be able to upload it to this site but somewhere like dropbox should be able to handle it.