Question / Help No Audio When Live Streaming

filmic

Someone please help me figure out an audio fix for when I stream on Twitch. I have an AverMedia Live Gamer Portable 2 capture card. I have it as my default video capture device. I have it as my audio input device. But for audio output I have it set to default because the capture card isn't on the drop down menu as an option. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. For last couple months I've been trying to solve this problem on my own. I have searched the entire internet, forums, YouTube videos and I can't find any fix for my specific issue. Am I freaking wording something wrong here? I don't get it. Is there an audio cable I need to connect from the capture card to my computer or monitor that I don't have connected? Is it a software issue? I use Astro A50 headset and the audio plays through there perfectly fine. But no audio comes through my desktop or my Twitch stream when I have it linked to OBS to start streaming. PLEASE someone be smarter than me and help me come up with a fix. I'm literally lost and it's so frustrating when trying to stream for friends because they can watch my gameplay but without any game audio. I do not know what else to do. The only options in the audio output capture properties is soundflower other than default. I need help. Is it because I have a PS4 slim and in order to do a headset AND stream game audio at same time is with an optical port? I'm so agitated, man.
Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 6.59.26 PM.png

Narcogen

Does the Avermedia show up as a microphone anywhere else in the system-- as an option for a camera and/or microphone in FaceTime, or Skype?

If it does, but it does not show up in OBS, then post a log and we can see what OBS is having a problem with.

If it does not, then Avermedia hasn't supplied a standard driver for their hardware and you'll have to use whatever software they provide with this capture device.

Narcogen

Also you should be adding an Audio Input capture, not an output capture. Or just select the Avermedia as an aux device in Settings/Audio, assuming it shows up there.