Question / Help No Audio on OBS launch

Simsyboy73

Hi, I really hope someone can help. I've seen a few issues similar but I'm pulling my hair out now,

I have a Macbook Pro 13" and I'm running a Focusrite Scarlet 4i4 as an external soundcard. I have set this up as my main input and output in system preferences.

I have deleted OBS, cleared historic settings and reinstalled. But on each launch, OBS is picking up absolutely no audio at all. The mic input shows nothing.

The soundcard is working fine with all other items and I can see the soundcard in my OBS settings. I have taken the soundcard out and switched to internal mic to see if it picks anything up and again nothing. I was on Mojave and I thought that might be the issue so I've upgraded to Catalina and its still the same.

I have had it working once before and I've done nothing different. Someone please please tell me where I might be going wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Simsyboy73

Same problem here on both my Mac books. I'm taking a break. Sigh!!!!
I've sussed you need to get into mac settings, security and privacy. Click on privacy and make sure that OBS is checked. You will need to quite OBS then when you launch make sure your system settings and audio midi settings are all unmuted for the right input and it works.

Only took me a week, my marriage and my hair to sort it.