No audio on Firestick w/ cap card. Debian 11 pulse audio

dookieshoes

This is my first post. I really tried all options but cannot seem to get audio. I bought a capture card for my fire stick because of a wonderful all in one program a friend of mine develops that includes a record option. I'm simply trying to record UFC fights on nights that I'm unable to view. The capture card gives me video on my laptop but no audio even though the meters are bouncing. I feel like this should not be so difficult and I'm not the type to sign up for a forum but I feel like I'm about to look for another avenue. I know that OBS works because I see how popular it is in the Linux community. I'm not sure if it is a pulse audio thing but any help would be greatly appreciated. Is this a situation where Wayland might truly be the future or am I just a step slow today?

dookieshoes

So OBS *is* getting audio. The question then, is how to get it to where you want it. I assume you mean the meters in OBS, and not some other monitoring app?
Correct. After tinkering around with pulse, I can see the meters in OBS bouncing but nothing coming through the speakers. I tried to record and see if it would have audio in the MKV file but there was none. I've also noticed a red microphone with a line through it that appears in my system tray next to my volume icon. It seems to stay that way even when I can see pulse audio is hearing sound from the microphone. I'm not going to be streaming so I'm not really worried about the mic capturing or not as I can mute it in pavu. Thank you for responding

AaronD

What do you have in here?:
1696008405215.png

And here?:
1696008449353.png

dookieshoes

I'm a few hours away from home but I will absolutely check that out when I get there. I thank you again for your willingness to help

dookieshoes

You are my hero. I think I have way too many scenes and sources being used but I dialed them all in the way that your picture showed and I am currently looking and hearing at my fire stick via laptop. Thank you so much