NO Audio in the recordings

JC Gonzaga

I would like to ask if there's any way i can retrieve the audio of my recordings from Zoom Session?
I recorded a zoom session but when I checked all my recordings, It doesn't have audio. May I ask for help if I still have a chance of retrieving it.

jvh

Did you record it in OBS or Zoom? (or both?)
You should be able to play the .mp4 file(s) on your PC/MAC and hear if there is any output in either one.
If not there is no sound in either of those recording files, you're out-of-luck.

JC Gonzaga

I can't record directly from Zoom because I was just a participant in the session. So I decided to record my screen via OBS. Both my audio input and output were activated. But I was surprised to find out that my recordings have no audio output. So, That's my problem now, if there's any way I can able to activate the audio or any sort of solution to that.

jvh

I'm sure that you can fix this in your configuration, if there is no audio in your OBS recording file. The default output goes to the streaming endpoint (if configured) and to the recording file if/when you enable recording.
You can easily test this out, by recording a short sample of any scene with sources that you have setup and playing back the recorded .mp4 file.

FerretBomb

If you're trying to watch the recordings back in Windows' default "TV and Movies" app, it's a very common problem as that video player has awful codec support.
Download VLC instead; it's an open-source video player with good codec support.

Also, NEVER record directly to MP4. It is not a recording-safe format, and can easily become corrupt during the recording process. Why a big orange message pops up when you select it, saying NOT to select it.

jvh

@FerretBomb haven't had any trouble yet, but that's definitely good to know, thanks for sharing that.
What's the preferred option / method then?
MKV as suggested in the warning?

FerretBomb

FLV if you don't need multitrack audio just for simplicity, MKV if you do need discrete audio tracks. Yep!