No audio capture

Pier3d

Hello,

I am new in OBS and I just spent hours watching tutorials on YouTube, blogs, forums, etc. But my problem seems too simple. Nobody talks about it. :(

I have a video capture device (and audio, I hope) FHD Webcamera. I connect the Hdmi cable from the output of my TV decoder in this device and the USB output of the capture device into a USB 3 input of my PC.

In OBS, in the Sources window, I add a "video capture device" and I see the video coming from the TV decoder. Then I add an "audio capture (input)" and I see the input VU meter bar moved. But no sound comes out of my speakers.

Here is my latest log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/WAZxYcZ5v8p-Ffnl

Thank you

Pierre

Pier3d

The feature you are looking for is called "audio monitoring".
Thank you.

All I want is to hear the audio that moves this OBS's VU meter right in front of my eyes.

I went trough Windows10 audio parameters, I saw a reference to my "FHD Webcamera" saying that the device was working correctly, I tried different options but still, no sound comes out of my speakers.

Tell me, is "audio monitoring" a function that I have to settle in OBS? Or in Windows? Or somewhere else in my PC?

Pierre

PS: My Windows is in French so some terms could be different even if I do my best to translate them.