No audio at all

berndog

Absolutely new to OBS. No audio in or out. Tried setting up audio following instructions from a number of sources (forum posts, YT videos, Blackmagic manual). Setup different scenes, different combinations of sources, monitoring selections, different audio settings, and still no audio. No movement in audio mixer meters. Setup: Blackmagic ATEM MIini. I would like to use this device as the audio and video input device. I'll output to wherever I need to for streaming or recording. Audio works in Windows (10) Media Player, Pro Tools, and Sibelius (PTs and Sib audio I/O to Focusrite Scarlett 2x2 -- I DO NOT use this device in OBS because PTs needs to use it exclusively). I've read a number of posts and tried those solutions to no avail. Truly at a loss. Getting audio assistance would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• 2020-08-04 14-18-10.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 45

berndog

An update. I installed the latest version of the ATEM Mini Software Control. Works fine. Reread their manual, especially the section on using OBS with the ATEM Mini. Followed their instructions for adding the video capture device. I get video but no audio. I added a media source. I get AV. I'll attach the audio settings. There are several initialization failures in the logs. Perhaps the issue lies there?

Attachments

• berndog advanced audio properties.png
    berndog advanced audio properties.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 301
  • berndog audio settings.png
    berndog audio settings.png
    23 KB · Views: 294
  • berndog sources.png
    berndog sources.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 278

Lawrence_SoCal

Have you looked into OBS's Advanced Audio properties and made sure you understand and have set properly Monitor vs Monitor and output?

For me, I disabled all default desktop audio. Then I set up an external microphone. Feel free to use Windows Sound settings to make sure audio input is working. Do not advance beyond this step until resolved. Or are you only dealing with non-microphone audio?

berndog

Many thanks for your reply. I did check repeatedly the Adv. Audio properties to no avail. After dealing with these audio difficulties I downloaded a demo of Wirecast. After a very short time I was able to get AV working properly. I can now easily run multiple mic setups through a MixPre into the Focusrite interface. The video for the multi-camera setup goes through the ATEM. Recorded several videos as a test. Purchased Wirecast. Pro Tools seems to be playing well with the setup. Just requires disabling all the audio devices except for the Focusrite interface. ASIO must be changed back to 48k before using PTs.

I'll now be streaming with Wirecast. Perhaps I will give OBS another chance down the road.

Lawrence_SoCal

When you decide to try OBS again, maybe reference this thread for some audio insight ... not sure it applies... but maybe it will help

I'm suspecting OBS is making a default assumption different from Wirecast, and that is tripping you up. Sorry, I'm too much of a newbie to advise specifically