Bug Report Newest release (Release - 0.13.0) Audio Bug found

AshleyNicolexo

Hello ,

Bug found when you play a media source for the first time audio works fine from the source and OBS will capture and record that audio, But when you switch out of the scene and then switch back and when the file starts again the audio meter shows it playing but when looking back at the recording no audio is actually recorded.

so to make it short , plays the first time you initialize the media source , nothing after that.

Also could you make it so we can hear the source file audio in OBS.

Here's a quick Video to show
(it goes to black halfway though to an empty scene just to show the scene switch and back and no more audio but it shows its playing audio)

Thanks,

Ashley

Last edited:
yes seems i have this bug also
1. start obs
2.start game - l4d2
3. start recording with shortcut
4. stop recording - audio is ok in recorded file
5. exit game, dont close obs
6. start game again
7. start recording with shortcut
8. stop recording - no audio in recorded file

Attachments

• 2016-01-28 06-59-14.txt
    17 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
AshleyNicolexo - Could you give me a log file from that particular session?

Mroczny_Gustaw - Thanks, that one appears to be different, were you alt-tabbing at the time? I'll take a look in to it as well.

Mroczny_Gustaw - Thanks, that one appears to be different, were you alt-tabbing at the time? I'll take a look in to it as well.

no , no alt-tabbing. I just minimized obs to taskbar after starting it and didnt touch it. pressed recording shortcuts only

AshleyNicolexo

I believe this is the Log from that recording , if you need another fresh log and video just let me know I'll gladly take another quick video and log for you.

Attachments

• 2016-01-28 00-59-43.txt
    21.6 KB · Views: 22

Orbrak

Hello ,

Bug found when you play a media source for the first time audio works fine from the source and OBS will capture and record that audio, But when you switch out of the scene and then switch back and when the file starts again the audio meter shows it playing but when looking back at the recording no audio is actually recorded.

I can replicate this too, glad someone else has the same issue as it has been driving me insane all day.

TheLapMethod

Oh jeez. Thank you for pointing this out. I was going crazy trying to figure out why audio wasn't playing AT ALL, when it turns out it just hadn't recorded the "first occurrence" of audio. I was able to replicate this problem exactly.

I have a question tho. WHEN I can get the audio to record (the first time) from media source, it's choppy and terrible. The video is fine but it's like there's "dropped frames" for the audio, so to speak. has anyone else had this? Should I make a new thread?