Question / Help (Newbie) Says it's streaming, not showing up on FB Live

Adam Wilson

I have reset the stream key a bunch of times. Every time I click "start streaming" the green box pops up at the bottom and the clock starts running, but it is not showing up on Facebook.

Adam Wilson

Just tried it again and let it run for almost 3min. It never showed up on our FB page. I've also tried going directly to FB and going live there, and it works fine.

https://obsproject.com/logs/cBg4McKlO_q9SSXD

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 12.09.31 PM.png

Adam Wilson

I see on that log file that it says it wasn't able to connect. All of the previous log files say it connected fine, but I didn't let them run very log once I saw that it wasn't showing up on FB.

Narcogen

First log:

16:19:42.861: ==== Streaming Start ===============================================
16:20:24.216: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] User stopped the stream
16:20:24.217: Output 'simple_stream': stopping

This says you stopped the stream after about 40 seconds.

Second log:

12:05:20.391: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/...
12:05:24.011: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, recv returned -30848. GetSockError(): 0 (unknown error)
12:05:24.011: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connection to rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/ failed: -3

Network error.

I would address the question to FaceBook-- I don't have any particularly useful information to suggest on their platform as I don't stream to them.