New User Basic Workflow Question

Frankie B

Hi, New to OBS and video in general. I'm using a few iPhones with iVCam to record into OBS. That's great, but I guess I'm not sure where the editing happens for multiple camera feeds once recorded.

Can each camera Recording/scene (or maybe Source) be saved as separate files? I assume there is no editing within OBS? So all editing has to be done in another program?

One more... Are there any programs that can record multiple camera sources, and audio sources, as separate tracks, and edit all the tracks too? It seems it would be great to do everything from the recording to the editing to the final exported format all in one program.

Thanks for any help.

Windows 10
Several iphone/iPad cameras
iVCam
OBS

carlmmii

OBS's main purpose is for livestreaming. As such, it is not set up to output recordings from multiple separate sources, or different scene composites. What you have in the scene, that's what will be recorded.

As such, you can still create a scene that has all of your sources visible -- increase the canvas size to accommodate all your sources, then include each source and tile side-by-side. From there, you can take the full recording into your editing program and crop down to get each source.

This is not the normal usage of OBS though. Normally, unless you're specifically doing this in a live environment, getting the raw footage from multiple cameras is usually done by recording on the device itself.