Question / Help New to Twitch/OBS Streaming Settings

Keegan Okazaki

Hey everyone, I just picked up streaming, and I've been trying to stream Zelda and League of Legends. Zelda works fine for me at around 1000kbps since my upload speed on my internet is around 2.2mbps. I also have 30fps, CPU usage on high, and an audio bitrate of 128 on all channels. But when I try to stream league my ping in game goes between 40-150ms. Right now on OBS I'm using a downscale of 480p at 500kbps.
Is there any way of getting a better quality stream? Im reading posts of people suggesting 1500kbps for a 2mbps upload speed, but if I put mine to that my ping shoots up to 400. Below are the specs of my computer.

Thanks for the help :)

Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
i7-3770k
16GB RAM
GeForce GTX 760

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Sounds like you're pretty limited by your bitrate here, unfortunately.

The fact that you're using a mac doesn't affect the performance. The only thing that affects performance is your underlying hardware. The only software differences are the capture methods. The capture methods on mac are great except window capture. Avoid window capture like the plague.

Keegan Okazaki

Sounds like you're pretty limited by your bitrate here, unfortunately.

The fact that you're using a mac doesn't affect the performance. The only thing that affects performance is your underlying hardware. The only software differences are the capture methods. The capture methods on mac are great except window capture. Avoid window capture like the plague.

Ah okay! Thanks for the reply. So I guess in this case I would just choose Display capture and either crop it to a window or just show the whole screen?