Question / Help New to OBS

two_hopes

Hi everyone,
I'm completely new to this and honestly have no idea what i'm doing. I have recently taken an interest into streaming Via xbox one. I can stream through the app which is fine but i want to do more now i have gotten into it, I bought a capture card HD from Elgato and I have linked everything up. I have watched countless YT vids on how to work it but to be honest, it all goes over my head, like base resolution, scale size etc.. I have downloaded "Game Capture HD" and "OBS". Game Capture can see my gameplay and volume so i know its all correctly linked up, but the OBS software doesn't detect the video. My friend set me up to use OBS on twitch and i can't seem to get it working, so basically my question is, how do i get OBS to see my xbox one?

Thanks
Matt

amsyar ZeRo

It's really easy.(May not need the Elgato software)

1.Connect your Elgato to your TV(input) and to your Mac(output)

2.Open OBS and create a scene(or choose one of the scenes you created)

3.Create a 'Video Capture Device' source.Choose the Elgato device.

Done!Also if you want sound,you need an extension called Soundflower.

Then,follow these steps(why is there so many?!!):

1.Go to Audio MIDI Setup

2.Create a Multi-Output device by clicking on the '+' sign.

3.Tick the boxes on the left of 'Built-in Output' and 'Soundflower 2ch'.Also tick the 'Drift Correction' box next to 'Built-in Output'.

4.Set your headphone volume to whatever you like(because you cannot set it later)

5.Go to Settings->Sound and go to the Output tab.Use the Multi-Output Device you just created.Remember,you cannot adjust the volume when switching to this device.

Hope this tutorial helps.