New to OBS

Lawrence_SoCal

Lots of ways... sorry your question is too vague/imprecise
Also, depends on exactly which model camera as some have clean output via USB, some have clean output via HDMI, etc.
*IF* you have a relatively current camera, Canon's USB webcam driver may work, though on anything but latest cameras, using USB2.0, will be much lower resolution. With older cameras, common approach is using a HDMI capture card, but camera model specific as to whether you can get a clean HDMI out (ie not seeing all the info/controls along side/edges you see when looking through viewfinder).
Your best best is to ask in a Canon specific forum (like at canon themselves, or dpreview... or check YouTube videos?) regarding using your specific model camera as a webcam for the latest on recommendations, caveats, and more

RevvyRev

Thank you for replying. I am using a Canon XA40 Professional Grade Video Camera. It runs HDMI Out and I'm running it through a Black Magic Ultra Studio Interface into a Mac Book Pro.

Lawrence_SoCal

In that case, you aren't technically connecting the Canon to OBS. Instead, you are feeding the cameras HDMI signal to the Black Magic device. The Black Magic is connected to the Computer, and there are drivers for that, and then OBS uses that video signal from Black Magic. On the Windows side of OBS, there have been reports of older Black Magic capture devices not paying well with current OBS. I don't know if that is an issue on the Mac side, nor your specific model

That said, basic setup steps apply - get audio and video working outside OBS. Then configure OBS to use those sources. Beware bandwidth limitations of USB Root Hubs (is a hardware issue, not MS vs Apple vs Linux) depending on how you are connecting the Black Magic and other devices. Using a Thunderbolt dock can enable more bandwidth, but gets device / model specific of the various parts (laptop, dock, and connected devices) as to whether would help in your situation