NEW TO OBS FOR MY CHURCH WORSHIP

Marshal Tembo

hi,
am new here. with the covid19 church has not been possible to meet and worship but the discovered OBS. Trouble is am teaching myself with my two brothers at church. church given us a room and we painted the walls green with an idea to chrome but the image is not clear after chromer key is used and just general image cant give HD quality. please help.

regards
Marshal Tembo

¿Para que quieres utilizar croma ???
es mejor que no lo uses, en la iglesia utilizamos obs y funciona bien, lo que hicimos fue pintar la pared de negro e iluminamos bien todo el espacio y se ve muy bien.

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm new to OBS as well (March) for House of Worship streaming.
What is your use case for needing/wanting chromakey'ing?
My recommendation - don't bother. Create a sense of community by asking members to record Readings, etc, so people get to see each other. I wouldn't worry too much about production quality (as long as folks avoid highly distracting things in background like fans, noise, etc)
Then a PC/laptop with a webcam in front of the alter with priest/pastor/whatever. Then switch between live and pre-recorded video
To foster community, and not make worship service stream a consumable vs participatory experience, our approach has been for priest to monitor Facebook live stream comments, and reply verbally in live video. In that, folks sense this is something to be a part of (like they were there in person), not just watch
Side note - Lighting will make a difference, so I'm using a LED softbox (on low) to make sure priest is decently lit. Use whatever you have, as it will likely be better than nothing.
Also, we made a couple of videos of walking up to/into the sanctuary, as a reminder of the physical space
Most importantly - as humans we can tolerate bad video much better than we can/will poor audio. Make sure you audio capture works well, clean, levels, look into compression maybe, etc. Focus on video quality after making sure audio is good.