New streaming PC, OBS 25.0.8 100% CPU usage without stream output

copter

Hi,

I have been running dual PC setup for multiple years. In the past I have run Threadripper 2950X with x264/slow preset without any bigger issues. Due some changes I needed to relocate that PC into another streaming location and build a new streaming rig to my home. I decided to take NVENC approach, so didn't invest that much into the PC and thought that i5 8400 6c/6t with GTX 1060 (3GB) would be enough to stream some casual games from my gaming PC using NVENC (as I basically had one in my disposal without any further investment).

I transferred my scene collection from the previous PC, but now I find that immediately after starting, OBS is eating up all the CPU that is available. Without any encoding running. Sure I know that with this PC I cannot run the same x264 profile and as mentioned, will be encoding with NVENC for now. I did go through all the sources and checked that capture devices and audio sources match proper devices in the PC, also made sure that there is no missing files etc.

But 100% CPU usage just to run basic scenes is a bit weird. I have been doing lots of broadcasting with OBS, running it in different kind of PCs and I don't think that this is normal.

Screenshot and log file are attached in this post. Screenshot was taken via TeamViewer, so that takes some CPU on the picture too. But with locally being at the computer same happens and OBS just simply takes all the CPU that is available.

Run the program with admin privileges, installed all plugins etc and checked drivers + Windows update too just to make sure that all is like it should.

Could you spot anything strange from the logs or understand the reason? Or is this PC just simply too weak for my scene collection?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2020-09-05 13-40-12.txt
    33.4 KB · Views: 6
  • obs_full_load.png
    obs_full_load.png
    705 KB · Views: 12