New Problem, Same Settings

Wildrose1556

Hey, so I’m encountering a problem I’ve never had before. About 4 days ago when I was trying to just record video my system started to freeze up. I was away from my normal setup at the time and just assumed that it was something I could fix by getting my system back in its normal environment at home. Last night I tried to stream something instead of recording it (using an Elgato capture card) back in my usual setup and my whole system would lock up again. This included my mouse and keyboard becoming completely unresponsive for about 10 seconds in really frequent bursts while the camera would do this really weird thing where it would jump between default zoom and the zoom level I have it at in a matter of frames (only while the keyboard and mouse were locked up).

I’m not exactly the MOST tech-literate person out there, but I did my basic checks. Graphics card is up to date, OBS itself was up to date (I reinstalled it twice and the problem persisted), malware blocker was not blocking OBS, neither was Windows Firewall and I made explicit permissions for both to let OBS through them, I’ve checked logs out and made adjustments based off of what the analyzer told me to and saw no difference, I checked my ethernet cable to see if it’s a connection problem but its still giving me top speeds, there is plenty of space left on my hard drive so my computer itself shouldn’t be slowing down. Additionally, I’ve noticed that while recording or streaming, OBS is eating up far more CPU than it used to a week ago. The problem only occurs when I attempt to record or stream which makes me think it could be my NVENC encoder, But I don’t know WHY that would be the case since I have never had this issue over many months of using OBS up until 4 days ago.

Long story short, I’ve done everything I can think of to resolve this problem and a little more, but the issue persists. If I need to, I can try again and get another log for someone more knowledgeable than me to look at. Sorry for the long-winded text, I’m just really stressed out and don’t wanna miss anything potentially important to the problem.

The attached log is from my last stream attempt I believe. I can try again and see how long it take for it to crash again?

Thanks