New OBS Window 8 + Lag

NSportz23

Hi
So I have recently gotten the OBS so I can record my gameplay, specifically minecraft. My computer is a HP Envy TS 17 Notebook PC, so it isn't the best at computer games in general. When I try to record my gameplay, my game lags a lot and it shows in the video, but the lag overall makes it really difficult to play, I have tried different multiple settings but non of them seemed to work very well to stop the lag, my video quality seems fine I am just more concerned about the lag at the moment. I am very new to this and I do not know what most of the settings do in the OBS so I would appreciate if someone could help me out and walk me through it or have a response to help me out. Thank You for helping.

My OBS log is here:

Sukiyucky

Your notebook is not meant for gaming. Its a general office notebook. Trying to force it to do something it wasn't designed to do will just result in poor quality videos. You are best to get a new computer that is more suitable for gaming.

NSportz23

Thank You for the help, unfortunately I will not be able to purchase a new PC at this time, I was messing around with the settings some more and I found some that made the quality pretty good without too much lag, however there was still a bit included, I cannot figure out how to choose and share the log that made the video quality the best, but I can share my most recent one, in which it was the worst quality. I would appreciate if we can try to change some settings to help the quality and not make it super laggy, I understand that my computer isn't meant for these types of things, but I would still like to try at the moment because it is my only option. Help about changing the settings would be much appreciated at the moment, if it doesn't work out, it is fine, I atleast want to try tweaking some things in the settings. If you could tell me how to choose the OBS log I want to share that would also be appreciated because I found some settings that did my video very well, but the most recent log I have is the worst quality video when I tried changing the settings again so help would be appreciated, thank you for responding.

Recent OBS Log File:

qhobbes

Use the QuickSync encoder if available. This should reduce your CPU usage. Also try setting your output resolution to 1920x1080 as scaling requires additional CPU. Also run OBS as Admin.