New OBS User; Struggling With Settings

AinA2016

Hi! I'm a novice here. I'm not a gamer and really don't know a ton about software/coding. I downloaded the OS X version of OBS in order to capture a streaming series to which I subscribe. I tried setting up a custom stream but I still have the black screen. There is a username and password to the site which I filled in but I still get a black screen. I also don't really understand the difference in Media Source, Video Capture, Etc. I do use a laptop.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
AinA2016

AinA2016

Thanks Boildown. Can you explain your response please? I'm not that bright in computer terminology. Thanks.

dping

Thanks Boildown. Can you explain your response please? I'm not that bright in computer terminology. Thanks.
http://jp9000.github.io/OBS/general/faq.html It might seem like a lot, but OBS does a lot and the amount of computer configurations and operating systems complicates that a bit.

It would be best if you skimmed through the above link and next time you post here, please post a link to your logfile. this can be found in the help menu, just paste the link after you find the log.

Boildown

I was just asking dping to move this thread to the multiplatform (not classic) OBS mac forums. You posted it in the wrong forum, basically.