Question / Help New follower alert on twitch

badgeroni

hey guys, I'm pretty new to all this streaming stuff so I'm not very technical when it comes to the terms so please bare with me,a couple of questions. a lot of streamers have like a message pop up on their stream with part of a song playing when someone new follows. apparently its off this website - https://www.nightdev.com/followalert/

does anyone know if this is available to setup on the OBS for mac? if so, how?

secondly, most streamers on twitch have a nice fancy overlay for their stream, with their twitter name on, a please follow button....etc. is this kind of thing also available for OBS on the mac?

any information is much appreciated, thanks guys

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
For the follower alert, no not yet.

For the overlays, yes that is supported. It's just an image overlay.

badgeroni

For the follower alert, no not yet.

For the overlays, yes that is supported. It's just an image overlay.

tell me more about the image overlay dude, i can hide the dock at the bottom of the screen, but i still have the bar at the top of my screen, is there a way to hide this? also, when i add the image, what specs do i look for? (ill try find someone to make me one)

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Overlays are just images. Make an image that matches your OBS resolution, then add it as a source.

Right now you can only capture your whole monitor. You can't capture individual windows or subregions. Though that doesn't exactly have anything to do with image overlays.

You can always run your application in fullscreen mode by pressing the fullscreen button on the window, if there is one.