New capture card, lagging bad after roughly 30 minutes of recording (+Log File)

routh

I recently purchased the Elgato 4K 60 Pro Mk. 2 capture card. My PC specs are just enough to handle it, but I'm running into an infuriating issue that is only present in OBS. After about 30+ minutes of recording, the preview window shows that the footage has become very choppy/laggy. I watch the final video and it's present there as well. The first 30 minutes or so, everything is perfect. I've tried just about everything to fix this issue. Uninstall the Elgato 4K capture utility + drivers then reinstall, adjust bitrate in the OBS software and in the Elgato 4K utility, switch rendering from CPU to GPU, change quality presets, etc. What's most infuriating is that I have to test for over 30 minutes to replicate the problem. I'm so frustrated and at my wits end. One important detail I've noticed- I can have the Elgato Software + OBS running at the same time, and monitor them simultaneously. Strangely enough, this problem only appears on the OBS side of things. The capture is butter smooth within the Elgato 4K software.

A few points for reference. I'm running a dual PC setup. The gaming PC runs HDMI to the Elgato that's internally connected to my streaming PC. Despite the fact that it's a 4K capture card, I'm only recording at 1920x1080, 60 FPS. I don't want to record through the Elgato software, because I need OBS to stream (I have not tried streaming yet because of said issues). Also for reference, my previous capture card was the Elgato HD 60 Pro, which had no issues. I picked this card up for the 240 Hz passthrough, which I actually haven't been able to utilize due to STILL screen tearing even with the passthrough. I have to use the good ol' fullscreen projector method. I'm not even worried about that though.

Here is a log file of my most recent recording: https://pastebin.com/mvnCL5cT
And here are the technical specifications for my capture card: https://help.elgato.com/hc/en-us/ar...apture-4K60-Pro-MK-2-Technical-Specifications

Don't know if it matters, but during the log file recording, I was idle for probably 30-45 minutes while on the phone. I wasn't trying to be active the whole recording, because I have to wait for this problem to arise anyways. I was recording some Resident Evil 3 Remake gameplay, and can post that video if necessary.

If needed, here are both of my PC specs.

Streaming/Recording PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080
RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz
MB: ASRock AB350 Pro 4 AM4
SSD: Crucial MX300 1TB
HDD: Seagate IronWolf Pro 4TB 7200 RPM
PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 750W

Gaming PC:
CPU: Intel i7-7820X
GPU: GeForce RTX 2080
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz
MB: ASUS TUF X299 MARK 2 ATX
SSD: 500GB WD Blue Series M.2 SATA-III
HDD: 3TB 7200 RPM
PSU: Corsair TX850M 850W

I greatly appreciate any insight you can offer.