Question / Help Need some help recording the audio of a Windows program.

HawkSFX

Hi, my name is Hawk.
I've been using Soundflower to record the audio in OBS for an emulator called dolphin & due to some things I'm doing on YouTube I've just recently downloaded the PSP emulator (PPSSPP) & will be uploading videos for it.
My problem is it's a Windows program & when I have it set in OBS Studio, Soundflower doesn't work for me.
I realized it wouldn't after I recalled that Soundflower is for Mac only. (Or as far as I know).
So is there any way to record the PPSSPP emulator audio through OBS?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.
I don't know what the "log file" means (the message under this box is telling me to include one) but I think what I'll do is take a screenshot & use that.

http://prntscr.com/bmabs7

There's the screenshot of my OBS & the audio showing nothing. I hope this is enough. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the background music is playing, in case I didn't make that obvious. So that's how you know it's not working.

Last edited:

amsyar ZeRo

@HawkSFX Welcome!I don't really know about Soundflower,but I use another program called iShowU Audio Capture.Guide on setting it up is here.

P/S:Instead of using PPSSPP,why don't you use OpenEmu?It has retro consoles+PSP:)

HawkSFX

Thank you.
I'll take a look at it.

Some of my friends are using PPSSPP so my logic is if I don't have the same emulator, then I can't play with them.
That's kind of how it works with dolphin, too; you need the same version of dolphin as your friend in order to connect to them.
I also did download OpenEmu but it didn't quite work for me. That being said, I didn't really pursue it, either, so perhaps after this I'll give it another try.
Thanks again for the help. I hope it works. : )

HawkSFX

It works but now PPSSPP keeps crashing.
Ironically enough I also moved Soundflower to the trash since it was imperative with the installation of iShowU.
I also tried uninstalling it but apparently I can't do it because I get this "You can’t open the application “Uninstall Soundflower” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported."
PPSSPP will work for about 30 seconds to a minute before it crashes.

HawkSFX

Yeah... Now Wine just keeps crashing. : /
& I looked at the list of compatible systems for OpenEmu... PSP isn't on there.
So I need to figure out what the problem is with Wine. All of a sudden it's crashing for no reason.

amsyar ZeRo

@HawkSFX Hey there!Sorry I didn't reply,just got back from a sleepover..Anyways,I think PPSSPP has a Mac version.It's a bit hard to understand how to install though.

About Wine,not all applications are functional with that.I'm a regular user of Wine too,and it's mostly trial-and-error.

Also,did you check carefully in OpenEmu?Here's the list of all systems that are supported.