Question / Help need help with sound stream on os x

moya

Hello.
I am using OBS to stream on twitch. I'm running it on a mac, os x yosemite 10.10.2
I wan't to broadcast music and game sound on the stream and I know i need third party stuff.
I searched about it and tried soundflower but the volume on the stream was way lower than in my actual computer and the sound quality decreased a lot, the music gets kinda bad. So two problems here.

I am wondering if theres a way to fix both issues with soundflower.
OR, what is there besides soundflower that allows me to stream whatever is going into my sound output without losing much quality and volume?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Check the volume settings in your System Preferences. Soundflower is affected by the volume of your speakers; turn your speakers up, then adjust the volume of soundflower instead if possible, that should do the trick (or maybe the other way around)

ecarlstrom

The fix to your volume issue is straightforward. In addition to checking volume as mentioned above, go to the OBS mixer and set the value you want. Make sure you click the gear icon next to "Mixer" so you can actually go above 0.0 dB output, then just set what you need to. Obviously this will vary based on system and application volume; my values are +4.1 dB and +3.2 dB for mic and desktop audio respectively, if you want to use those as reference.

Can you be more specific about "the music gets kinda bad"?

LuukeNukem

Select the default output first, then turn the volume up. Then switch it to whichever soundflower ch you use.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 12.04.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 12.04.37 PM.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 91