Question / Help Need Help Screen Recording A Game With Syphon Client

IrishMan14

Hello, so I have been working all night long trying to figure out how to get my screen to record my game. The game I would like to screen record is minecraft. I have already injected it with Syphon and when I exited OBS and looked at my sources to somehow figure it out and I am now clueless. I had it working earlier today but I reset the settings to fix things. Its funny how simple things such as trying to select Game Capture to screen record a game become so much more difficult when there isn't that option now. Anyways, if anyone has any thoughts, I would gladly appreciate them. I have looked up videos, looked at other threads and I have tried everything there is. Robob posted this:
You need to use the syphon inject feature of mac OBS and select your LoL app and inject syphon into that process.
Then in mac OBS select add syphon source and you should see LoL pop up after injecting it w/the syphon goodness

I have done that and when I click on sources, it shows up as a source. So when I go back into the syphon client source option, I can see the Source Minecraft Injected Syphon but when I go out of that and look at the screen, its just black. Even though it is showing up on the Syphon Source picture. I am very confused and frustrated. Please help me, cheers

FaerynTheCat

I'm having this exact same problem with Syphon Inject. In the end I managed to get Minecraft to record (have yet to test actual streaming, but fingers crossed) by just using the Display Capture option. It's not ideal, but it's okay as a workaround for now. Thought I'd post here in case it's helpful to you, and hopefully I'll get reply notifications in case anyone more knowledgeable comes along with a fix!

IrishMan14

I'm having this exact same problem with Syphon Inject. In the end I managed to get Minecraft to record (have yet to test actual streaming, but fingers crossed) by just using the Display Capture option. It's not ideal, but it's okay as a workaround for now. Thought I'd post here in case it's helpful to you, and hopefully I'll get reply notifications in case anyone more knowledgeable comes along with a fix!
I was able to figure it out but when ever I exit out of OBS and then reopen it, I have to re-inject Minecraft with the Syphon Injection system.